My thoughts on Yeezus
http://goo.gl/kM4VM = 4.6/5
I really enjoyed the album. I knew it wouldn’t be what everyone was maybe expecting or even wanting to hear.
- Beats are ill as fuck. Left field production from artists like Gesaffelstein & TNGHT really make this album.
- If you listen to the lyrics properly there’s a deeper message. He’s basically just telling the media and everyone else who fucks with him and who are continuously ‘crucifying’ (<—jesus pun) him for the most trivial things to fuck right off. So I think lyrically the album is actually quite good but maybe one might not pick up on it in the first over listen. it’s not fantastic lyrically by any means but it’s not that bad.
- It’s such a unique album, he’s always been a pioneer in terms of releasing something completely new, I love listening to things that surprise me.
- Chief Keef is a muppet and Kid Cudi could’ve made Hold My Liquor a much better song.
- It’s super self indulgent and I don’t necessarily agree with him calling himself a god per say but metaphorically he is a god in terms of of material success.
Overall it’s a great album. It’s not as good as MBDTF, it’s not as good as Graduation. It’s not even as good as Late Registration but it’s definitely not a shit album, I just think people don’t completely understand it. Also I think if you’re a solely a fan of hiphop/rap you probably won’t like it. There’s almost nothing traditional hiphop/rap about the production.
FAV SONG (subject to change) - Guilt Trip ft. Kid Cudi